- Title: 子供の日 (Children’s Day: Kodomo no Hi)
- Date: Sunday, May 8, 2022
- Time: 11:00am & 1:00pm
- Place: Japan Society (333 E 47th St, New York, NY 10017)
- URL: https://www.japansociety.org/education/kids-family/childrens-day
- Price: $12-$15
- Description: Hang the koinobori carp streamers and dust off your samurai helmets—Children’s Day is on its way! Come share Japan’s national holiday with us, where all children are stars and their happiness is celebrated. Embrace samurai tradition with our life-sized armor displays and a popular sword-fighting workshop led by Kyo Kasumi from TATE Hatoryu NY. 2022 Children’s Day will introduce families to diverse cultures of Japan through a beautiful performance in traditional Okinawan dance led by dance master Junko Nagahama. Children can create their own wearable origami kabuto samurai helmets and bring Children’s Day home with additional take-home craft activities!